This summer has started out pretty fiery here in South Carolina with highs in the 100’s and let me tell you, at the end of a long day the last thing you want is a hot meal prepared in a hot kitchen.
- Cube up some leftover bread (any kind will do)
- Toast bread cubes lightly in toaster oven until just lightly browned
- Toss toasted cubes in a saute pan with a little olive oil (Extra Virgin is best) and season lightly with pepper, garlic and onion powder (do not add salt at this point)
- Create a salad using pretty much anything you have on hand. I used mixed greens, green onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (cut in half), sliced pickled beets and topped it with a little bit of feta I had leftover.
- Toss the bread cubes into the salad and lightly dress with olive oil and your favorite vinegar.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with Maldon Salt flakes
Dinner is now served! This is a very refreshing and filling salad. I’ve never been as satisfied with a salad as I have been with this one. I hope you like as much as I do!
Do you have a favorite salad you make with the little bits and pieces remaining in your refrigerator?
See you in the Comments!
My ingredient selections:
- Greek Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Trader Joe’s
- Organic Raw Coconut Vinegar from ThriveMarket
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes from Thrive Market
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_enable_interest_ads = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “simlifwitmrsr-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “auto”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_textlinks = “”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “1b8059cff99169792fc4a5c989d5cdfc”; amzn_assoc_emphasize_categories = “51569011,2619525011,2617941011,3760911,1000,16310101,3760901,1055398,3367581,284507,599858,2972638011,2619533011”;