It’s been a few weeks since my post WhiteVinegar and Coconut Oil, a Lesson Taught by Poison Ivy! So I thought I’d pop in and post an updated to my Coconut Oil science project.
If you remember, I was using Coconut Oil to help relieve and heal the lesions and scars left by a recent bout of poison ivy. So far, what I have observed the most was the healing rate increased on my right leg and right arm (the treated areas) and the healing rate on my left leg was a bit slower (the untreated leg). As far as helping with the scarring left … well I haven’t really noticed too much difference in the lighting of the scars on the right leg versus the left leg but this still might take some time as the scars left are pretty deep.
I also decided to experiment with using Coconut Oil as a facial moisturizer especially around the eye area. I have had puffiness and dark circles my entire life and I was hoping this little experiment of mine would help alleviate those. What I have observed is the Coconut Oil is a wonderful facial moisturizer and doesn’t leave a heavy goopy feeling on your face. It is also very good at treating the puffiness under my eyes and helps to diminish the small fine lines. As far as the dark circles … well I do see a slight improvement on some days and some days not but because I have had these dark circles my entire life I think it is safe to assume that it will take more time to completely lighten them up and even if they weren’t completely gone just getting them to a lighter shade makes me a happy girl!
A few other observations I think that are worth mentioning here are:
- Coconut Oil is an excellent hand moisturizer;
- It helps to relieve the itching and swelling of mosquito bites (we get a lot of that here in the country)
- It speeds the healing of small cuts and abrasions (well between farming and cooking I get alot of those too lol)
- It is a great cooking oil and imparts such a clean, fresh taste to foods (you really notice a difference in the oil taste … which totally surprised me … you don’t really realize how dirty certain oils taste until you use Coconut Oil)
- It is tremendously healthy for you (with just using it in my weekly cooking you can almost feel a difference … it’s kinda funny the things you realize and actually feel by eating real foods)
Therefore, in summary … Coconut Oil is one of the most amazing things on the planet … if you don’t have a jar … make sure you pick one up and give it a try I’m sure you will agree with me … it’s one of the most versatile oils that can be used for multiple things from cooking, to hair and skin care and to bites, stings and healing. Wow! All that from 1 jar … simply amazing!
Have you tried Coconut Oil yet?
See you in the comments!