I recently had a friend ask me about what I thought of a particular juicer and, of course, I gave her my review of one that I love compared to the one she was inquiring about. As our conversation continued her interest in juicing was to help alleviate her Fibromyalgia symptoms as well as assist her in losing weight. Well, I’m sure you know what my response right off the bat was … yep real food, cut out artificial ingredients. Now, I am, by no means, an expert on Fibromyalgia but I am knowledgeable about real food and its benefit to the body, mind and soul.
I also have a family member who suffers from Fibro but I myself do not.
So, in my attempt to help my friend and my readers who may suffer from Fibro I decided to gather some resources posted by other Fibromyalgia suffers, share their stories with you and what they do to overcome this dreadful disease if, in fact, you can called it a disease.
I hope I have at least been helpful in connecting my readers and friends with others who suffer from Fibromyalgia and, at the very least, help you get started on a path to well being. Of course, if any of you ever need a shoulder, I have very broad shoulders and would love to listen to you stories and assist you in the right direction to healing!
Here are my findings:
- Christy Pooschke is the owner and operator of Grocery Geek. She shares her story and how she eliminated all of her “Fibromyalgia” symptoms through dietary changes in 2007. Here is a guest post of hers entitled From Pain to Purpose, How I Became the Grocery Geek
- Kimberley Linstruth-Beckom – Blogging and writing about Fibromyalgia is a new passion of Kimberley‘s since her own diagnoses in late 2005. She has a very informative blog that I’m sure will assist anyone suffering from Fibro.
- Julie tells her story through her blog Counting my Spoons. The title to her blog is in reference to The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino
- Raschell from MissHomeMade.com shares her Fibromyalgia Diet and tons of real food recipes.
- Chef Shane Kelly had a health wake-up call that first got her full attention. She knew instinctively that she needed to get her act together, clean up her diet and build up her body with real, whole food!
Do you suffer from Fibromyalgia? I’d love to hear your story!
See you in the comments!